During his tenure on the council, the city…
• experienced significant improvements in its financial performance;
• strategically purchased land for economic development;
• constructed a new state-of-the-art library; and
• began construction on four Olympic-sized athletic fields.
Under David’s leadership as president, the Jefferson County Commission…
• developed and executed a financial strategy that saved the citizens billions of dollars in future debts and interest payments;
• cost-effectively outsourced under-performing government services to the private sector;
• jump-started the county’s economic development engine;
• separated the county’s executive and legislative branches of government, and
• restored the public’s trust in their elected county officials.